Wednesday 20 March 2013

The Egg Award 2013 - The Judges - Alec Tomasso



About Alec


The Egg Award is pleased to welcome Masterchef 2012 contestant Alec Tomasso to the judging panel.  He narrowly missed out on making it through to the next round and since then has gone from strength to strength with his own food blog, The Weeping Chef, working in 1 and 2 Michelin starred kitchens and cooking up a storm as chef in The Cheese Kitchen Bistro, Bedford.



Embedded image permalinkAlthough he still continues with his career as an engineer his love of food never lessens and it's still his aim to open his own restaurant.  Of his time on Masterchef he said - 

"I loved every moment of it, I knew my wife and friends love my cooking, but I’m the least artistic person in the world and my presentation is at it’s best old fashioned and childish… pile it high on the plate and get stuck in I say!!  

Even when I had the privilege to eat in Michelin starred restaurant Le Gavroche, I got caught, by Michel Roux Jr no less, wiping my plate with bread!  It’s all about enjoyment of the tastes and smells for me, and not so much the look."


No comments:

Post a Comment